Subject: Re: Sys beep ^ 1.2 info?
To: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1996 13:42:20
> My first question is: at what piont did we lose the system beep on console?

Hmmm...  I hadn't noticed that we'd lost it.  I assume you still have
sound in the MacOS?

> were quite bored, an ioctl coudl be made to play wiht volume :)

Actually, there is--check out the ite ioctls.  I would like to see
someone pick up the sound driver and work on it--it would be nice to
have something that you could play .au files on or something like that. :)

> Also, Allen, can you tell us what is going into 1.2 befor ethe freeze?

Ummm...  Not really.  I'd like to get the ADBTEST code in, but the
feature freeze is RSN.  That code also breaks at least one currently-
working platform (Performa 550).  As we know, the grf changes that
allow color X to work on some systems are not safe for all systems,
so that probably won't make it in for 1.2.  I'm getting some serial
changes from Bill Studenmund in right now, though.  As for the
powerbook changes, I think those are mainly for ADB support with
the ADBTEST kernels.  I haven't actually seen those changes, yet.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>