Subject: Re: Other Problems and Invalid things regarding installation
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/1996 15:29:48
> > Also, I'm installing onto a IIsi w/o FPU.  It stated that FPU emulation
> > is enabled.  How accurate is FPU emulation?
>
> It's not bad, but if you're using NetBSD 1.1, it doesn't have FPU
> Emulation--that was added right after 1.1 was released.  There are
> newer kernels available.  Is there anything in the FAQ about those?

FPE is mentioned in the FAQ.  I guess I need to make it a little clearer
that the 1.1 kernel does not include FPE.  However, all -current kernels
do include FPE.  Check out the FAQ to find the location of an FPU-less
math library which is also quite useful for running NetBSD on an FPU-less
machine.

Later.