Subject: Re: Making pine accept binhex attachments?
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1996 19:11:32
On Wed, 15 May 1996, Monroe Williams wrote:

> Um...  Eudora can send attachments as "text/plain" just fine.  Just
> uncheck the "always include Macintosh information" icon at the top of
> the message window, and make sure the included file has type 'TEXT' (as
> most pure text files will already have).
>
> -- monroe

Thanks for that tip.  I haven't even used Eudora due to problems with my
modem -- except when I go to campus to extract files that he sends, and my
prof just said he couldn't find a way to do that.  That will simplify
things.  I've also found software that will take binhex files and split
them up, thanks to this list, and I've found software that will read
macwrite files -- he won't even have to convert them anymore.  :-)  Now,
if I can figure out mail filtering, I'll just write a little script or two
to auto-process everything he sends me and take a vacation!

Thanks again,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |