Subject: Making pine accept binhex attachments?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1996 12:34:58
Okay, here's a weird problem.  I regularly get email related to a web site
I'm doing the HTML work for, some of it is simple messages about the site,
some of it is messages from the prof, who sends me link lists.
Unfortunately, he sometimes sends them in Eudora.  Now, it's a real pain
in the butt to deal with Eudora includes because it can't include as ascii
text, only as binhex.  Since the files inside are usually straight ASCII
text, I'm looking for a way to decode them on the unix side, preferrably
as an add-on to pine.

Otherwise, I have to drive over to campus, run Eudora over there, then
upload them back to my account with Fetch.  I can't upload from off campus
because of a problem with my modem (see also, projects to take care of
over the summer).

Any suggestions for binhex tools unix-side?  (I'll be sure to put them up
as binaries on puma if I get any responses.)

TIA,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |