Subject: Re: Latest kernels? / LCIII Support
To: S. Kindsvater, DL1ABD <Sergej.Kindsvater@munich.netsurf.de>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1996 14:35:44
On Mon, 13 May 1996, S. Kindsvater, DL1ABD wrote:

> I can't manage to bring my DAYNA E/LC Ethernet Card to work with either
> kernel. I think I read somewhere there is no ethernet support for LCIII
> available yet, whether for this particular card or for any other one.

Probably that's from NetBSD 1.1.  As of about a month ago, one person
successfully got ethernet working on an LC III.  Of course that was using
a patched kernel slightly different from adbtest 110/111.

You might want to talk to
jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk (Julian Bean) and ask what the status on
that patched kernel is.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |