Subject: Re: PowerBook 500-series test kernel available
To: Takashi HAMADA <pm6@apricot.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1996 09:12:25
My PB 520 boots the new PB500 kernel just fine. I have not installed
any BSD disk, so of course it panics with a "cannot mount root" as
expected.

It reports two ADB devices:

adb: mapped device (20) at 2
adb: extended mouse <tpad> 2-button 387 dpi unknown device at 3.

I expect those to be the keyboard (Danish) and the trackpad.

Having the ethernet connected, but MacOS booted without extensions
does not seem to impact the BSD boot sequence, i.e. the network
interface is not reported, but does it does not hang the computer
neither.

Even with all extensions enables (minus Ram Doubler), it still boots
up to the point of mounting the root file system.

All tests done with 4-bit gray scale monitor settings.

Good work !! --- I hope that this code will very soon get integrated
with the base NetBSD system.

/ Erik Bertelsen