Subject: Re: current (as of May.08) kernel fails to probe grf devices
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1996 07:53:24

> I built another regular kernel without Taras's grf driver, and it
> fails to probe and atach grf devices.  The main difference between
> my config file and the GENERIC is the swap device description.
> Nothing looks suspicious as far as the config file goes.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same thing?
>
> ken

I just started up a kernel built from sources supped May 11 and I see the same thing.
I think this started at least a few days ago, possibly a week or so, but I didn't note the date because I'm more or less happily using the kernel with the grf driver so I can enjoy the wonderful fvwm default colors.
I think the introduction of the obio approach was very close to the time that the failure to probe started to appear.

Brad