Subject: Re: current (as of May.08) kernel fails to probe grf devices
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1996 08:06:07
> I think the introduction of the obio approach was very close to the
> time that the failure to probe started to appear.

The introduction of obio being somewhat responsible is my guess as
well.  Following Allen's advise, I turned DEBUG macro on in nubus.c
for clues.  Guess what happened?  My two video devices were probed and
atached as grf1 and 2 respectively.  No grf0 which is described to be
"at obio?" in my config file as well as in GENERIC.  I'm trying
another kernel from the same config except the commented-out grf0
line.

ken