Subject: Re:PowerBook 500-series test kernel available
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Nicholas Riley <nriley@tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/1996 00:30:19
>That's great!  Finally we've got mobile MacBSD working :-)

Isn't it also one of the first stable '040 MacBSD too?  By processor speed
it should be about 4 times as fast as my SE/30!

>If it really is the lack of FPU giving you
>the illegal instruction traps, the kernel itself must be lacking FPE.
>FPE must be built into the kernel in order to run on an FPU-less
>machine.

I didn't really understand what Takashi meant:

>This MAY work on the PowerBook 520, 520c, 540, 540c with the FPU emulataion.

I hope (pray?) it will be simple to include the FPE in the PB500 kernel if
that is all that is needed.

<sabi

|Nicholas Riley  | nriley@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu |
|nriley@tiac.net |       st951491@pip.cc.brandeis.edu |