Subject: Re: new colorkit kernel and server uploaded
To: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 17:52:15
[Colin tried netbsd.050896.GENERIC.grf on his IIci and got:]
> >ser0 at obio0
> >fpu0 at obio0 (mc68882)
> >nubus0 at mainbus0
> >
> >Any ideas, anyone?
>
> It does the same on my IIvx.
>
> I have a nagging feeling that it might be finding the internal video and
> trying to get info off of that and failing miserably.

Actually, it's not.  I finally got to try my brand new kernel on my
SE/30 and it fails at the same point, too.  SE/30's internal video
does the "Right Things"(R) to emulate NuBus device, so the grf driver
should find any info it wants with no problem.

> If I can get IIvx video going, IIsi, IIci, et al can't be much further
> behind.

I finally decided to take both SE/30 and IIsi with me, since my
employer agreed to let me bring my own equipments at work.  So, I hope
to be able to lend a hand on the internal video driver, if it arrives
at Tokyo intact via UPS surface (can't afford to ship it via air, you
know).

ken