Subject: Re: new colorkit kernel and server uploaded
To: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 15:04:28

> On Fri, 10 May 1996, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > Apple Macintosh IIci  (68030)
> > ...snip...
> > nubus0 at mainbus0
>
> Hi,
> I think I have exactly the same problem. The kernel does not work for me
> too. This seems to be a general IIci problem. After upgrading my kernel
> sources I am not able to build a kernel that attaches the nubus cards to
> the machines mainbus. No cards get attached - but they are recognized by
> probe_slot (in nubus.c). In the meantime I tried many kernels with the new
> obio support. I can boot some of them but it is a general problem that
> there are no nubus devices. (Oh, i didnt remove them...)
>
> Is there anyone out there who is running a IIci with a kernel that uses
> the obio stuff and whose nubus cards get detected (There has to be some
> card info while startup; you even may use dmesg.)
>
> Do nubus cards show up there ??????

Actually, on a really recent GENERIC kernel (like a week ago), the grf
driver would initialize my video card just fine (this is not the color
grf driver, but the normal one), but it would miss ethernet entirely.  It
was a kernel with obio support, though.  So perhaps obio is a little
flakey on IIci's?

Later.