Subject: Re: new colorkit kernel and server uploaded
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 03:20:43
>ser0 at obio0
>fpu0 at obio0 (mc68882)
>nubus0 at mainbus0
>
>(Please note that this is from a serial console boot, it was the easiest
>way to get the output, but with or without the serial console, the
>bootstrap hangs at the same point.  I cannot even get into the debugger
>at this point to figure out what is causing it to die.
>
>Any ideas, anyone?

It does the same on my IIvx.

I have a nagging feeling that it might be finding the internal video and
trying to get info off of that and failing miserably.

BTW, I'm going to try and see if I coax my EZ Drive into being stable enough
to compile a kernel. If I can do it, I'm going to have a look at supporting
internal video (and try to make a fix for the drive too!)

If I can get IIvx video going, IIsi, IIci, et al can't be much further
behind.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill