Subject: Re: Centris 660AV: Where to start?
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 16:47:55
On Fri, 10 May 1996, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> what is get_physical suppose to do?

Fairly easy. Translate 040 logical addresses to physical ones. For we need
a very generalized approach that works on as many machines as possible we
cannot assume that memory is contiguously mapped on the 040. So the task
is: walk the 040 MMU page tables by hand to get the physical address for a
given logical.

Hope this makes it a little clearer....
                                                 Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department