Subject: Re: Centris 660AV: Where to start?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 08:23:46
On Thu, 9 May 1996, Dave Huang wrote:

> Okay, I just got a 660AV of my very own to mess with, and was wondering
> what's involved in getting it to work. A kernel compiled from May 8
> sources prints:
>
> [ preserving 85268 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
> Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
> Faked range to byte 0xc00000.
> Bootstrapping the pmap system.
> Pmap bootstrapped.
> Moving ROMBase from 0x40800000 to 0xa87000.
> Video address 0x50100800 -> 0xb87000.
>
> Then it hangs.

Hmm, the problem is that the 040 is _not_ really supported by now. There
is a piece missing in machdep.c (a 040 version of get_physical in
locore.s) (Maybe the name of the second mentioned routine is wrong, I
didnt take a look at that particular code for some months.) I was working
on it but stopped developing at the end of 95.

Other problems _are_ still ADB and SCSI.

Sorry                                   Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department