Subject: PowerBook 500-series test kernel available
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Takashi HAMADA <pm6@apricot.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1996 16:20:57
Hi,

There is a PowerBook 500-series test kernel available at:

  ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/NetBSD/test/netbsd.PB500.tar.gz

This kernel is from sources supped 2 May 1996,  John P. Wittkoski's ADB
driver and my Power Manager driver.

This kernel works on the PowerBook 550c (it has an FPU).
This MAY work on the PowerBook 520, 520c, 540, 540c with the FPU emulataion.

If you would try this, you should get current binary snapshots.
At present, internal ethernet driver is not supported yet.
If your PowerBook is connected to ethernet, this kernel will probably hang.
So you should disconnect it.

If this kernel won't work on your machine, please let me (and port-mac68k)
know what it happen.

Now I'm making a patch kit. It takes a while.
If it will have done, I'll announce that to here.
Please wait.

Later,

 8[%]8  Takashi HAMADA       Kanazawa Institute of Technology  //
 (.= )  E-mail: hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp            \\
 ( =:)          hamada@apricot.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp         //