Subject: Re: FWTK compile errors
To: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
From: Schrodinger's Cat <dinger@aracnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1996 15:38:18
At 10:54 PM 5/7/96, Aaron S. Magill wrote:
>Yes, this should have been added.. I'll stick it in my copy and get it
>resubmitted soon.
>
>I have a question for the original poster... what version of the fwtk are
>you using, and how recent is your kernel and software?  In some tests I'm
>trying to run now, when I go to compile the software, I get an error at
>line 124 of the included file /usr/include/sys/signals.h (or is it
>signal.h?  I don't have it in front of me)  I'd like to try and figure this
>one out before resubmitting the FAQ, but so far have had no luck.  My
>kernel and compiler/includes are from the April 18? tarballs recently
>talked about.

Sorry about the slow response... I believe the version of FWTK I'm using is
1.3, to get around the error in signal.h I simply reinstalled an older
version of the comp package and it was fine.  But of course that's already
been answered.

I do have a question though.  I've recompiled my kernel to include the
suggested changes to the zsvar.h file concerning the ring buffer (changed
to 1024), but I still run into the problem, when the throughput is low
(getting E-Mail, etc...) everything is fine, but as soon as both ports
start trying to flow my throughput drops to a slow crawl and is basically
unuseable (trying to get Netscape's hopepage for example)  Both ports are
set to 38400 although I have also tried slower speeds (28.8 to the modem
and 19.2 to the powermac) with the same results.  I've tried recompiling
the kernel again with the line(s) changed to 2048 and again no luck.
Either port running by itself is OK.  I've got a classic2 10MB ram, 250HD,
the kernel is based on fairly current sources although I'm not sure of the
exact date.  I've pretty much given up on getting it to work just figuring
that the machine won't handle it.  Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Chris Marklund

|     @-"-@        dinger@aracnet.com                              |
|  oOO-\o/-OOo     "Black Holes happened when God divided by Zero."|
|Owned by Ferrets  --Somebody, somewhere....                       |