Subject: Re: FWTK compile errors
To: Hauke Fath <bg5@aixterm1.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1996 20:48:32

> >I have a question for the original poster... what version of the fwtk are
> >you using, and how recent is your kernel and software?  In some tests I'm
> >trying to run now, when I go to compile the software, I get an error at
> >line 124 of the included file /usr/include/sys/signals.h (or is it
> >signal.h?  I don't have it in front of me)  I'd like to try and figure this
> >one out before resubmitting the FAQ, but so far have had no luck.  My
> >kernel and compiler/includes are from the April 18? tarballs recently
> >talked about.
> >
> >Thanks for any info you can provide.
> >
> >Aaron Magill
>
> Aaron,
>
> the file that the compile chokes on is "./lib/daemon.c" where <signal.h> is
> included. <signal.h> uses the __P() macro that takes care of hiding ANSI C
> prototype declarations when you are talking K&R; the macro definition is in
> <sys/cdefsh.h> which should probably be included in <signal.h>.
> For now, simply include a
>
> #include <sys/cdefs.h>
>
> before the
>
> #include <signal.h>
>
> and you should be happy.

I did this, and got through daemon.c and lots further in fact, until:

cc -I.. -g -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c setenv.c
setenv.c: In function `setenv':
setenv.c:51: argument `name' doesn't match prototype
/usr/include/stdlib.h:175: prototype declaration
setenv.c:51: argument `value' doesn't match prototype
/usr/include/stdlib.h:175: prototype declaration
setenv.c: In function `unsetenv':
setenv.c:109: argument `name' doesn't match prototype
/usr/include/stdlib.h:176: prototype declaration
setenv.c:114: warning: type mismatch with previous external decl
setenv.c:56: warning: previous external decl of `_findenv'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.