Subject: Getting started...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tasha van Es <vanes@underonesky.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1996 19:42:00
Hello -
Recently, I decided to mess around to see if I could get various
implementations of Unix running on my PwrBook 160 (030, 4mg ram). I was
quite successful with MacMinix and while that may prove to be fun, it
doesn't support tcp/ip at all. I'd really like to be running
sendmail/smail, and maybe even apache or something similar, so I decided to
try out NetBSD. However, I am encountering the following problem - I can't
figure out how to make the A/UX partition(s) necessary for the installer to
do its thing. I don't have A/UX, and am wondering how this would be
achieved. The intended "HD" would be a blank Zip 100 mg zip.
Can anyone tell me if I am barking up the wrong tree? I would welcome any
feedback as I still have much to learn (a Yoda-like statement, huh...).

-Tasha