Subject: Re: More Adventures in Internal Video
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1996 13:59:52
> Ken's colorkit uses essentially the same diffs but older
> original sources (as far as I know).

Right.  I'm building a newer GENERIC kernel with your latest source
(050896), so I'll be uploading it tonight or so.

I will also upload a newer color server as I promised.  New server
doesn't seem to crash with Tk tests (though it reports tons of
errors), even though it's compiled with gcc -O or -O2 flags.  It made
the server only about 20% larger than the old B&W server.  However,
compiling the entire X11R6 tree with gcc -O2 had a problem in the
past, which caused bdftopcf to generate corrupted pcf files for double
byte font files (such as Japanese fonts which are the only ones I can
conform are corrupted).  I have to make sure it doesn't happen again
before building the entire distribution.

ken