Subject: LCII, the 34th
To: Port-Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1996 07:51:18
Hello LCII's,

again I compiled a small kernel which should work slightly better than
ADBTEST.137 on a LCII. It should support now PPP instead of SLIP
although I wasn't able to dial the modem from NetBSD, yet.

Recently I had problems with my self-compiled kernels, because somewhere
after the Copyright message the area around address 0x200 was erased. I
fixed this by leaving the on-chip-cache of the 68030 disabled
(locore.s).

This kernel will produce four dumps of the questionable area at startup.
On my LCII this area is filled with 0x00001508 longs except the video
addres in one place. The non-booting kernels had the fourth dump filled
with zeros. But in my opinion all dumps <should> show something similar
to the beginning of the kernel file. I whould be interested what dumps
other machines produce!

Next I'll try to switch the cache already in the Booter off and test
when it's safe to switch it on again.

Markus

  Markus Hitter             Voice: ++49/651/828172
                            Email: hitterm@trier.fh-rpl.de
  Trier (Germany)           WWW: http://www.trier.fh-rpl.de/~hitterm

Ah, I forgot: You'll find the kernel at
ftp://ftp.trier.fh-rpl.de/pub/incoming/netbsd.lc2.04.gz