Subject: flakey HD (was: Colorkit results)
To: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
From: Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 13:39:02
Aaron S. Magill wrote on 8.5.1996
  Colorkit results

- This last may be because I have a flakey drive which only sometimes
- works... about half the time my 500mb drive locks the system during its
- initial fsck check.  Since rebooting usually fixes it, and I'm not doing
- anything that will cause tears if the drive does die, I haven't worried
- about it much. (ok, so some tears will form, but not many ;-)  I should
- probably try it in 8bit mode again, but I was tired.

Hi,

now THAT sounds very, very familar :-( I had the same problems with my 500
MB hd. Which HD are you using ? And which error messages did you get ?

Maybe it's just a problem with the HD and not with NetBSD ....

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
<mailto:lutz@muc.de>       ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
<http://www.muc.de/~lutz>  fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.