Subject: Re: Does mkfs trash other partitions?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Lt Avram Dorfman <dorfman@hq.af.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 22:23:14
Problem circumvented: After reinstalling, I used newfs from w/in netbsd to
rebuild the filesystem on my /usr partition. It did not affect the root
partition in any noticable way, i.e. I can still boot, etc.

I still don't know why the filesystem wasn't clean if it was just made,
nor do I know why the superblock was wrong on it. I am still concerned
that I have overlapping partitions but I'm sick of reinstalling netbsd.
I'm going to be a user now, and time will tell...

thanks for the help!

-1LT Avram Dorfman
HQ USAF Network Management
permanent email address: avram@pobox.com

"Methodological observation of the sociometrical behavior tendencies of
prematurated isolates indicates that a causal relationship exists between
groundward tropism and lachrimatory behavior forms."