Subject: Re: X install problems
To: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 18:45:30
On Wed, 8 May 1996, Stephen Brown wrote:

> >] Can someone help me with the cpin and cpout?
> >
> >I'd like to hear more about these also.  In particular, how does one
> >specify HFS path names?
>

> For Macintosh path names use the ":" character as a delimiter instead
> of "/".  You should specify the volume name at the beginning of the path,
> i.e.
> 	cpin MacintoshHardDrive:Netbsd:ADBTEST.132 /adbtestkernel

Yep.  And if you want to specify a directory relative to that in which
the installer is located, you can start with a single colon, as in

        cpin :installer-subdir:ADBTEST.132 /adbtestkernel

And, you can always use :: instead of the UN*X ../ to specify the next
level up, as in

        cpin ::installer-superdir:otherdir:ADBTEST.132 /adbtestkernel

> I am not sure if the mini-shell can handle quotes correctly, so you may
> have problems if your MacOS side file/directory/volume names contain spaces.
> I may investigate this when I get back to my computer at home.

Last time I tried the quotes, it works just fine.