Subject: Re: Does mkfs trash other partitions?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Lt Avram Dorfman <dorfman@hq.af.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 19:37:37
BTW, I wouldn't say that mkfs "trashed" the root partition. The only
thing I can definitely say is that it can't boot afterwards, and it
crashes end leaves me in the debugger during boot. That certainly seems
to indicate that it at least affected the root partition.

If I don't figure this out soon, I'm just going to repartition with only
a root & swap partition. I really just wanted to protect my root by
putting the majority of my data/projects on a different partition. Uggh.

-1LT Avram Dorfman
HQ USAF Network Management
permanent email address: avram@pobox.com

"Methodological observation of the sociometrical behavior tendencies of
prematurated isolates indicates that a causal relationship exists between
groundward tropism and lachrimatory behavior forms."