Subject: Re: X install problems
To: Brian Cole <tuc@cs.wisc.edu>
From: Jacob Savin <jesavin@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 14:55:46
At 11:29 AM 05/08/96, Brian Cole wrote:
>] Can someone help me with the cpin and cpout?
>
>I'd like to hear more about these also.  In particular, how does one
>specify HFS path names?

I don't know about special characters and spaces (the names are in quotes
so the spaces shouldn't be a problem tho) but you specify files on the
MacOS side like this:

drive:[folder:[folder:...]]file

so if you have a drive called MyHD and a file called MyFile inside MyFolder
on MyHD, the file specifier is:

MyDrive:MyFolder:MyFile

under system 7 if the file is on the desktop, you treat it as if it were in
a folder at the top level of the drive called "Desktop folder" (no quotes
of course).

Anyway, just give it a try. Either cpin and cpout will think it's just fine
or they'll give you an error... no harm done.

-Jake

_/   Jacob Savin (Jake)  <mailto:jesavin@earthlink.net>