Subject: Re: LC-style 10meg Limit
To: Tom Adams <spoon@cqc.com>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 22:04:31
On Wed, 8 May 1996, Tom Adams wrote:

> I've just got one question that perhaps no one has the real answer to.
>
> Just why did Apple place the 10mg RAM limit on the LC's?  Why not make it
> at least 12?  Better yet, why give it small limit... make it 128meg like my
> IIci!?

I recall that the 10megs limit is because of limitations in the mmu
design. Take a look at the LC developer notes...

Bye                                           Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department