Subject: Re: Trouble with Mkfs
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Jacob Savin <jesavin@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 00:40:23
At 06:09 PM 05/07/96, "The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood]"
<davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:
>That is pretty much used to happen to me when it ran out of memory.  Try
>giving it... say... 8 megs and you can't go wrong.  :-)

No luck (see my other post).

>Just a word of bizarreness, I have always gotten the error on scsiread
>#5 () when installing with a IIsi or a powerbook 145.  I did _not_ get
>those errors on my Power Mac (or was it that I got them with the IIsi and
>PM 7100 but not with the PB145... I forget), I think.
>
>Strange....

Maybe the scsiread() error #5 has something to do with the specific Quantum
drive? Do all these computers (My Performa 460, the pb145 and the IIsi)
have the same or similar drives? They were (if I'm not mistaken) all made
at about the same time.

ps. got the installer to work - sort of. 32-bit addressing was the culpret
and having turned that off, it started to work. See my other post on the
list if you want the details.

-Jake

_/   Jacob Savin (Jake)  <mailto:jesavin@earthlink.net>