Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tfisher@dkeep.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1996 00:05:58
MR>Try using the dt program. You can get it from puma.bevd.blacksburg.org.
MR>It still uses a white background, though, unless you change the code to
MR>do a black background and a white foreground like I did. All you have to
MR>do is change the complete screen clear code to write 0xffffffff instead
MR>of 0 and change the if statement in the character drawing function to
MR>draw an inverted chracter as normal and a normal character as inverted.
MR>All that code is in grf.c

MR>If you can't figure out how to do the mods then I could send you a uuencoded
MR>binary by email.

Oh, man. That would be awesome if you could do that. I've got a lot to
learn, heh. I did get the dt utility and figured out how to extract it
from the gz archive, but now I can't get the tar file extracted. Let me
show you what I got:

# tar -x dt-1.1.3.tar -C /home/tfisher
tar: can't open /dev/rst0 : No such file or directory

Well, I didn't say anything about /dev/rst0, but that's what I got out
of it, heh. I must be missing something here, but I have no idea how to
proceed from this point.

I'll forward this to port-mac68k to see if anybody has an idea.
 Dragon Keep International * (352) 375-3500 * dkeep.com * http://www.dkeep.com