Subject: Re: Trouble with Mkfs
To: Jacob Savin <jesavin@earthlink.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1996 21:46:21
Jacob Savin wrote:

> When I run the Mkfs utility,
> it gives an error: "Error on SCSIRead(), #5". Mkfs seems to go on with the
> rest of it's stuff fine but when I run the Install Utility, it gives the
> same error and dies. What does the error mean and what do I do about it?

This is going to sound bizzare, but do you click on the ID you want when
you run Mkfs and the Installer?  Or does it default to the one you want,
so you just hit [OK]?  If the latter, try the former... I seem to remember
one machine I had to do that with, once upon a time.  It was as if
something wasn't initialized right when multiple disks were present.
Perhaps changing SCSI targets and then back to the desired one will work,
if that suggestion doesn't.

--scott