Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1996 07:28:32
>I'm completely new to the Unix universe. I've got my Essential System
>Administration book here, but there are a couple of MacBSD-specific
>questions I have.
>
>I'm hoping that there is a way to change the display characteristics. On
>my monitor, black text on white background, (especially the tiny font
>size), is very difficult to read. Is there an option somewhere that can
>change this? I'd like white text on a black background.
>
>Also, is there another font that the terminal can display in that is
>possibly a bit larger? I don't mind fewer lines. I'm used to working in
>25x80 anyway.
>
>I'm using the GENERIC-5 kernel on a Mac IIsi.
>--Tim Fisher
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Dragon Keep International * (352) 375-3500 * dkeep.com * http://www.dkeep.com

Try using the dt program. You can get it from puma.bevd.blacksburg.org.
It still uses a white background, though, unless you change the code to
do a black background and a white foreground like I did. All you have to
do is change the complete screen clear code to write 0xffffffff instead
of 0 and change the if statement in the character drawing function to
draw an inverted chracter as normal and a normal character as inverted.
All that code is in grf.c

When I run that way it looks so much like a PC that it's kinda spooky :)

If you can't figure out how to do the mods then I could send you a uuencoded
binary by email.

Hope this helps.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill