Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <tfisher@dkeep.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1996 16:33:59
> I'm hoping that there is a way to change the display characteristics. On
> my monitor, black text on white background, (especially the tiny font
> size), is very difficult to read. Is there an option somewhere that can
> change this? I'd like white text on a black background.

I don't know of any good way to change this.  I suppose that there might
be some kind of escape sequence which might be able to do this, but I
doubt it.  The mac console is rather simplistic.

> Also, is there another font that the terminal can display in that is
> possibly a bit larger? I don't mind fewer lines. I'm used to working in
> 25x80 anyway.

I would recommend using the dt utility available for ftp on
puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us.  It will let you use a much larger font
size.  However, I still don't know if it will do reverse video.  For that
kind of thing, I think that running X would be best.  Then you can set
you background to whatever you want and have whatever font size and style
you want as well.

Later.