Subject: Re: Color X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 23:11:10
> > > will not work with color X (as far as I know) b/c current kernels (which
> > > the color X kernel is based on) have apparently broken ethernet.

Just a note that the color X kernel doesn't seem to like
my lapis ProColorserver 8.16 board.  I booted it in all
video modes possible, and with it setup as my main
screen and I even tried making my dinky SE/30 screen
the main monitor...

Always dies when probing grf0 (the lapis card).
The error is:
grf0 at nubus0 unexpected trap; vector offset 0x7a from 0xfcca0080

A trace shows an address error in drv_open (Right after grfmv_init)

Let me know if you need any more info.
(Mac SE/30, 20MB, Daystar accelerator (cache off), Lapis ProColorServer 8.16
video card usually in 832x625 mode setup as main monitor)

Kevin

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad