Subject: New Daystar kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 23:28:03
For the brave, there is a new Daystar test kernel at:

ftp://cpre1.ee.iastate.edu/pub/netbsd/netbsd-daystar#2.tar.gz

It should be more robust than the previous kernel.  It
was compiled from current source as of Apr 28 (or sometime
near there)

Don't even try it if your machine doesn't have a
daystar powercache installed. :)  The magic word for the day
would probably be "buss-error"...

You can also leave your powercache enabled when booting
into netbsd, since the kernel disables the cache early in
boot, and then re-enables it when it is ready.

It has been fairly well tested on my SE/30 w/20MB and a
33Mhz Daystar Powercache.  Some old benchmarks I ran
showed about a 25% increase in speed compared to the
cache being disabled.

Comments welcome...
Kevin

P.S. When time permits, source containing my mods will become available...
     (Hopefully soon)

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad