Subject: Re: Quadra 700
To: Steven D. Blackford <stevenb@lunatic.ak.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 23:17:53
Hello.  Sorry to take so long to get back to you...

>      I'm curious what is the stage of development to fix the SCSI support
> for the Quadra 700?? Is anyone working on this?

When I can find the time.  There are some things that baffled me the
last time I went looking, but I'm planning on looking in on it again
soon.

> What's the main differences in the SCSI drivers in the Q700?    Thanks.

The quadras use a completely different chip--the NCR 53C96 rather than
the NCR 5380--for SCSI.  It's a nice, higher-performance chip, but it's
different.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **