Subject: Re: Color X
To: kenn@eden.rutgers.edu (Ken Nakata), Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Shawn Pearce <spearce@injersey.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 22:39:28
At 7:13 PM 5/6/96, Ken Nakata wrote:
>> > Is anyone compiling a list of know video cards that work, either alone or
>> > in combo with other cards (ie ethernet)? I'd be willing to if this would
>> > be of interest.
>
>I think it's a bit premature to do a survey like that.  We need as
>many people as possible to try Taras's grf driver to know what low-mem
>globals/hooks and system traps should be added to MRG code in order to
>expand support for more video cards.  A survey like that might
>discourage people with video cards which are not listed as supported
>to try, thus reduce the amount of valuable information input.
>
>ken

And don't forget the user survey is around.  Wouldn't be that hard to add
in a histogram for who's using what, etc, etc...

Just have to ask them to come back and fill in the info.

If someone wants to outline what's being looked for, i can add it in....

Shawn.
"Live and learn."  - Where is that from?

W3/Perl/HTML Programming Consultant for IN Jersey.
IN Jersey:  The Information Network for the Garden State.
http://www.injersey.com/

---------
Why do I like Perl?  Because "in accordance with Unix theory, it gives you
enough rope to hang yourself with."  - Programming Perl.

Why do I dislike Java?  Becuase I can't find the object/class called ROPE
that contains the method called HANG. - Shawn.