Subject: Re: Installation on a ZIP Drive
To: Tobias Riediger <100042.2533@compuserve.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 18:18:11
On 6 May 1996, Tobias Riediger wrote:

> Date: 06 May 96 13:53:44 EDT
> From: Tobias Riediger <100042.2533@compuserve.com>
> To: "port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG" <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Installation on a ZIP Drive
>
> I try to install NetBSD on a ZIP Drive. Can somebody tell me the parameters
> needed for mkfs. I can't find the FAQ related to Syquest drives.

I think that disappeared when cray-ymp left.

Sector size: 512
Sectors/Trk: 40
Tracks/Cyl: 512
Number Cyl: 2046

Anybody have the information for SyQuest (44 & 88) drives?  I believe
those two were working... way back....  Anything else unusual like that
would be nice, as well.  I'm trying to put it all in a single location.

(Is the ZIP drive stuff in the FAQ?  Just curious.)

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |
<SIG>                                                                   |
|               The only difference between life and death              |
|                  is that life will eventually end....                 |
|_______________________________________________________________________|
|     THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT:         |   If there is one constant    |
|                                       |       in this universe,       |
|         And the Lord Said,            |          it is death.         |
|        Thou Shalt Not Quote           |            --Soran,           |
|            signatures....          ___|___   Star Trek Generations    |
|___________________________________|  ,,,  |---------------------------|
|                                     |o o|                             |
|/-------------------------------vvv--'-v-'--vvv-----------------------\|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|
|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|_|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|      La vie...  est interessante        |______|______|
|______|______|_|      La mort... est interessante        |____|______|_|
|___|______|____|      Mais cela... ce n'est rien!        |_|______|____|
|______|______|_|  ...Much learning doth make thee mad.   |____|______|_|

You can use pgp to send me encrypted messages using my public key (below).

</SIG>