Subject: Trouble with Mkfs
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jacob Savin <jesavin@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 16:17:25
Ok, I'm really new to all this... I appologize if I'm posting to the wrong
list...

I'm trying to install NetBSD and haven't gotten past the Mkfs step. I set
up partitions on my Apple (Quantum) 80MB drive (24MB for swap and the other
55+MB for root/usr) using Apple HD SC Setup. When I run the Mkfs utility,
it gives an error: "Error on SCSIRead(), #5". Mkfs seems to go on with the
rest of it's stuff fine but when I run the Install Utility, it gives the
same error and dies. What does the error mean and what do I do about it?

Thanks,

-Jake

_/                         Jacob Savin (Jake)