Subject: Re: Color X
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Steven Weiss <srw@izzy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 12:41:08
Brad Salai wrote:

> Sometimes it's nice to have old hardware. The color X kit worked right
> out of the box for me on my Mac II. I did have to disable (remove) the
> ethernet card to get the kernel to boot, but that's not an X related
> problem, all -current kernels require that. >
>
> What a great job, Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

I haven't been able to use this yet, but I second that sentiment nonetheless.

My understanding is that there is no support for IIci internal video.

Can anyone summarize the status wrt internal video, and explain where the
work is needed to support that, and whether anyone has expressed interest
in following on in that direction?  Much thanks.

-srw
 Steven R. Weiss   |    srw@izzy.net      |   If you think education is
 NetBSD IIci user  | (313) 995-8250 x5632 |   expensive, try ignorance!