Subject: Re: NetBSD boot problem
To: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1996 08:35:36
On Sun, 5 May 1996, Steven Carlson wrote:

> I got most of the way through the
> installation and then received an error saying I had a corrupt directory.

If the Installer crashes, you should always re-run the Mkfs program.  Make
sure you increase the memory allocation for the Installer (use File -> Get
Info).

> I can boot netbsd but after it starts up and a few dozen lines roll up the
> screen the monitor turns into white and black static.

Make sure you've set the display for "Black & White" mode.  Also, make
sure you have the MODE32 extention loaded and 32-bit addressing turned on
in the Memory control panel, if you haven't already.

> I used Silverlining to create the partions.  Could the Silverlining driver
> be causing the SCSIRead() errors?

I don't know this one, but I can say that I've successfully ignored this
error in the past.

--scott