Subject: NetBSD boot problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/05/1996 20:12:57
Hi all,

I downloaded the NetBSD 1.1 release but haven't been able to get it to work.

My configuration is a Mac IIcx  with 8Mb of RAM running System 7.5.2.  I am
installing it on 100Mb partition on my Quantum 715.

When I run the installer program it gives me the error: SCSIRead(), #5 I
reformatted my HD and having received this error again I decided to ignore
it and install the base11 file anyway. I got most of the way through the
installation and then received an error saying I had a corrupt directory.
After reinstalling this file a couple of times and receiving the same
error, I gave up and installed the etc11 and netbsd11 files.

I can boot netbsd but after it starts up and a few dozen lines roll up the
screen the monitor turns into white and black static.  Not being Superman I
can't read the screen fast enough to tell exactly where the problem occurs.

I used Silverlining to create the partions.  Could the Silverlining driver
be causing the SCSIRead() errors?  I would appreciate it if somone could
give me a few pointers on what to do next.

Thanks,

--
Steven Carlson
stevec@accessone.com