Subject: Re: sup and Kernal Building - more ?s
To: Don Woodward Jr. <dbwoodw@earthlink.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1996 23:43:58
On Thu, 2 May 1996, Don Woodward Jr. wrote:

> I subscribed to [source and source-changes] - thanks Scott.

No problem.

> I'm having some trouble with sup now - my "supfile" asks for the
> collections "current krsc-common" and "current ksrc-mac68k" and I don't
> think I'm getting the mac68k stuff. Should I have a different prefixes for
> "sup" to write its info?

Here's what I used up until a few months ago:

current release=ksrc-common host=sup.netbsd.org hostbase=/ftp/pub
  base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete
current release=ksrc-mac68k host=sup.netbsd.org hostbase=/ftp/pub
  base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete

(note that that's two lines; I just split them for readability).  That
will get all of the kernel source.

One thing to be aware of:  it will be difficult, if not impossible,
to compile a -current kernel with the 1.1 release version of gcc (and some
other tools).  You will want to get the latest snapshot binaries from
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/w/wormey/netbsd/tarballs/ and install them first.

--scott