Subject: Re: SCSI Q&A
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1996 23:48:08
On Fri, 3 May 1996, Monroe Williams wrote:

> I've been having a lot of apparently disk-related problems since I
> started using a Quantum 730 drive as my main NetBSD-mac68k drive.  (The
> system hangs under conditions of moderate to heavy disk usage, and
> occasionally even when there's very little going on.  Stack traces
> always show it to be somewhere in the SCSI interrupt code.)

That could easily be due to another problem I'm currently working on.  At
least, it sounds familiar -- and it's related to interrupts in general.

> Would the new sbc SCSI driver be likely to help?

Maybe, but it suffers from the problem I just mentioned, particularly on
slower devices (but not exclusively).  Indeed, that's why I'm working on
it.  I don't have a SPOT (or GENERICSBC) kernel available at the moment,
but I'll see if I can put something together after I'm done with the
present project.

--scott