Subject: SCSI Q&A
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1996 13:12:22
I've been having a lot of apparently disk-related problems since I
started using a Quantum 730 drive as my main NetBSD-mac68k drive.  (The
system hangs under conditions of moderate to heavy disk usage, and
occasionally even when there's very little going on.  Stack traces
always show it to be somewhere in the SCSI interrupt code.)

I seem to remember some mention of problems with this particular drive
on the list a while ago.  Did anyone ever figure out just what the
problem was?  Would the new sbc SCSI driver be likely to help?  If so,
is there a compiled kernel with the new driver somewhere that I could
try out?  (I realize it's a work in progress, and I would compile one
myself except that compiling seems to be the best way to reproduce the
hangs. :-P)

Thanks,
-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                      monroe@teleport.com