Subject: Re: My babbling about OT
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Chima Njaka <dream@windchime.arc.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1996 19:06:14
> >OpenTransport 1.1 whcih works on PCI machines
>
> A number of people have pointed out to me that OT works on non-PCI
> machines. I just wanted to let everyone know that I was muttering
> not that it works only on PCI machines, but that OT 1.1 finally
> works. And it does this on PCI machines, which can't use MacTCP
> (and thus are hosed if OT doesn't work).

	Hi Bill,

	I guess it's my turn to point out that your last sentence
	above is not true (at least not in my case).  I'm happily
	running MacTCP 2.0.6 on my 7200/90 (a PCI machine).  The
	trick for me was to rip out all OT files from the system
	folder and install Apple's latest SerialDMA driver.

                            - The Dream -

  / ) /   o            /  ) o     /        NASA/Ames Research Center, CA
 /   /   , ,__   __   /  / , __  /, __      dream@paisley.arc.nasa.gov,
(___/ )_(_/ ) )_(_<  /  /_/_(_<_/\_(_<___ chima_njaka@qmgate.arc.nasa.gov
                         /