Subject: Re: Tarballs - 18April96
To: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1996 10:00:44
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Derrick Hutchinson wrote:

> I installed an Archive QIC 150MB tape drive in my Performa 600, but I do
> not believe it works under MacBSD--after it was connected I used mkfs to
> create all of the devices and the fstab, but NetBSD would indicated that
> the device was not configured and would then not properly mount the disk I
> have set up for NetBSD.

Derrick,
Ummm.... I may be missing something here, but why are you using mkfs and
fstab for a tape device? Normally, you don't (can't?) use these devices
as mounted filesystems. Use tar, dd, or dump to archive things on to the
tapes or tar, dd, or restore to restore things from the tape.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504