Subject: Re: Sonic Ethernet Boot failure (fwd)
To: Don Woodward Jr. <dbwoodw@earthlink.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1996 00:53:06
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Don Woodward Jr. wrote:

> >On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Don Woodward Jr. wrote:
> >> ae0 at nubus0: address ab:ba:5f:f7:fb:bf, type Ethernet A-series, 16k mem.
>
> Andrew Brennan wrote...
>
> >   Are you sure it's actually being recognized correctly? [...]
>
> I haven't been able to test it yet but it no longer hangs thanks to a test
> kernal given to me. Open Transport reports it's address as
> 00:40:10:07:4F:EB.

I'm sure that the card is _not_ being recognized correctly.  For whatever
reason, the ae0 probe is incorrectly finding the card.  It won't work.

Also, Don has pointed out that he has a test kernel a couple times.  I
asked him to keep the details about the kernel itself and the site he got
it from a secret; I provided that kernel for him.  Since I inadvertently
left the rest of the mailing list on the recipient list, however, I was
forced to remove that kernel.  If you're waiting for the changes that Don
now has, please be patient.  They'll be in the next GENERIC kernels that
are made publicly available.

--scott