Subject: Re: zsh - vt emulation
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: Bernard Gardner <B.Gardner@eng.usyd.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1996 15:51:41
On Mar 6,  1:22, Julian Bean wrote:
> Subject: Re: zsh - vt emulation

> zsh is expecting (it's hard-coded into zle_main.c, for those with a copy of
> the source handy) "^[[" to introduce an arrow key, followed by {A,B,C,D},
> whilst apparently both the console and dt send "^[O"{A,B,C,D}.
>
> Does anyone understand this discrepance.  Valtteri Vuorikoski says that dt
> can be re-configured by #defining PRESENTATION in config.h, but I am
> intrigued as to what the 'standard' is here, and who is 'wrong'.

Why anyone would hard code this is beyone me, but on a geuine vt220 I have
sitting here next to me, the arrow keys are sending <ESC>[{ABCD}, not
<ESC>[0{ABCD}

This may be the difference between some of the modes in the vt series (e.g.
user keys vs system keys), I'm not prepared to say anyone is wrong, this is
just what the terminal here does.

I think that's probably as close to a "standard" as you'll get. (Unless someone
wants to do this on a real vt100, all of the ones I have access to are spare
parts now).

Bernard.