Subject: Re: Duo 230 and MacBSD, same here
To: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 18:57:25
> Hey, I just remembered!  My ISP just switched to a Sun system (5.4)!
>
> Somebody out there has got a cross-compiler.  Is it good enough to make
> test kernels?  If so, how can I get a binary copy?

See ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/NetBSD/contrib/cross-compiling/
stuff. There's a README, and a tgz file.

> Also, does anyone have a MacBSD system that I could use to compile test
> kernels on?  This  Duo thing has been going on for some time, and doesn't
> appear to be getting anywhere.  There are lots of Duo's out there that
> would make great, LOW COST portable BSD systems if we could just get a basic
> kernel running on it!

With an X-compiling environment, you should be able to make all of the
netbsd programs. The Readme says that kernel compiles don't work yet
as config hasn't been ported. But if that's the only problem, for
GENERIC kernels, someone could just config GENERIC on a running
system (when they didn't already have a configed GENERIC), and just
tar up the compile/GENERIC directory. Though a ported config would be
best. :-)

> Thanks,
> Rich Ervin

Good luck. It's great for people to be getting involved. The more people we
have, the more quickly we will get stuff done. :-)

Take care,

Bill