Subject: Re: port working for 68040 yet?
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Dave Goodwin - Tech Support <goodwin@Interpath.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 15:58:56
On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:
> As I recall, both BSD-based UN*X clones (but don't quote me).  Noticeable
> differences... NetBSD seems to be doing the shadowed password thing.
> Linux doesn't.  For multi-user systems, get away from Linux.
>
> Just a brief addition,

This is now probably officially an out-of-place thread, but the shadow
suite does indeed work on Linux machines.

Dave Goodwin                                Interpath Technical Support
(919) 890-6305                                  711 Hillsborough Street
(800) 890-6305                                  Raleigh, NC  27603-1605
email: goodwin@interpath.net     URL: http://www.interpath.net/~goodwin