Subject: Re: Sorry for the spam, but I have another one
To: Dave Goodwin - Tech Support <goodwin@Interpath.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 10:08:20
You probably don't want to bother with re-partitioning an entire drive
until you are sure that NetBSD works on your machine.  In an earlier
post, you said that you have a Centris 650.  Unfortunately, NetBSD will
_not_ currently run on that mac.  There are several reasons for this:

1. ADB is not working as far as I know on this type of Mac
2. The scsi chip driver for the Centris's and Quadra's isn't done yet
3. Most importantly, as a couple of people who have '040 accelerators in
their II-line macs, there are currently a few problems with memory on the
'040 CPU.

Many of these are being worked on, but, as all of the work on this
project is volunteer, it is sometimes hard for Allen, John, Bill, and the
rest whose names I'm forgetting to find time to work on it.  However,
Allen has said that he will be looking into #3 as soon as he gets back
next week.

Hopefully, the '040 machines will work within the year.

I hope this answers some of your questions

Later.